Market News Commentary - From The Desk of David Loesch 01.09.2019Submitted by Tax Free Municipal Bonds/Fixed Income Specialists/DRL Group on January 9th, 2019
• NY Mayor de Blasio proposed a 100MM plan that would provide affordable healthcare to all.
• CA governor indicated that he will “build and safeguard” the record budget surplus. There are many CA bonds that have done very well over the past few years, I suspect they will continue to increase taxes while looking for ways to reduce debt. CA has turned out well for our investors and should continue to do well into the near future.
• Texas lawmakers will have nearly 9B more in revenue for the next two-year budget. This is a result of the robust economy that TX is enjoying, TX paper along with many other states should do well in 2019.
• Many market participants are very bullish on supply levels for 2019. This will help the overall markets I believe with liquidity and flow, with the amount of cash on the books, many are looking to place funds into our markets, 2019 will be a good time to do this. Many believe that the state and local governments will grow by 20% to 390B this year, this outlook is welcome news for MUNI traders and bankers who saw debt sales fall over 20% in 2018.
• NY biggest debt issuers plan to sell about 5.5B of bonds int he 1st Q of 2019. This is an 80% increase from the same period last year. This will include 1.358B of refunding’s.
• MUNI bonds staged their biggest rally in one day yesterday in a month. Investors are shifting money into the safest assets after stocks sank on speculation that AAPL’s forecast is the start of something bigger.
It would be my pleasure to speak to you directly about the current markets and how The DRL Group can be of service to your fixed income investment portfolio. To schedule a time to talk, please email me at email@example.com.
This content is based on the opinions of David Loesch based on his review of articles from Bloomberg.com or CNBC.com.
605-B Park Grove
Katy, TX 77450
866.664.4040 (toll free)
This report has no regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any specific recipient. This report is based on information obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but no independent verification has been made, nor is its accuracy or completeness guaranteed. This report is published solely for informational purposes and is not to be construed as a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments. Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice and the division, group, subsidiary or affiliate of MACC., which is under no obligation to update or keep the information current. The securities described herein may not be eligible for sale in all jurisdictions or to specific categories of investors. MACC accepts no liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of the use of this report. Please contact your tax advisor regarding the suitability of tax-exempt investments in your portfolio. Income from municipals may be subject to state and local taxes as well as the Alternative Minimum Tax. Corporate and Municipal securities are subject to gains/losses based on the level of interest rates, market conditions and credit quality of the issuer. As with any security, there is an inherent market risk possibility as to principal if the security is not held to maturity. The bonds that are non-rated (NR) should be considered for investment by knowledgeable and sophisticated investors. Additional information will be made available upon request.
Securities are offered through Mid Atlantic Capital Corporation (MACC), a registered Broker Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC.
The DRL Group. is not registered entity or a subsidiary or control affiliate of MACC.
Bonds are subject to market and interest rate risk if sold prior to maturity. Prices and availability may change at any time without notice. Insured bonds are subject to the claims paying ability of the insurance company.
Reminder: E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Do not use e-mail to send us confidential information such as credit card numbers, change of address, PIN numbers, passwords, or other important information. Do not e-mail orders to buy or sell securities, transfer funds, or send time sensitive instructions. We will not accept such orders or instructions. This e-mail is not an official trade confirmation for transactions executed for your account. Your e-mail message is not private in that it is subject to review by the Firm, its officers, agents and employees. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature.