- Call us at 866-664-4040
- About Us
- Trading Philosophy
- Municipal Bond Offerings
- Municipal Bond News
- Contact Us
- Client Login
Municipal Bond News
Some Treasury Strategists Tactically Bearish: Research Roundup
2019-09-09 14:49:43.464 GMT
By Elizabeth Stanton
- As indicated, MUNI bond sales will surge in September and will exceed the amount that investors will receive from maturing debt and interest payments by 1.7B.
- Chicago will have a budget deficit of well over 700MM. The city continues to track to financial stability. A wave of cash continues to hit retail along with refinancing, bonds calls, and private equity being cashed out.
Muni Niche Sees Best Gain Since 2015 on Global Hunt for Yields
2019-08-23 17:29:59.0 GMT
By Danielle Moran
(Bloomberg) -- Investors fleeing negative yields overseas are helping push taxable municipal bonds to the biggest monthly gain in almost five years.
- Fund flows into Muni funds continue to be healthy and could be the largest on record for 2019, and funds will need to buy paper.
- Powell is expected to seek another rate cut at the next meeting; many are betting it will be 50bbps. Retail sales are up; however, overall economic issues still plague the country, starting with the trade issues. Right now, the market is p
Bonds Rally and Stocks Drop as Trade, Fed Mulled: Markets Wrap
2019-08-20 13:59:51.696 GMT
By Rita Nazareth and Laura Curtis
(Bloomberg) -- Treasuries climbed and stocks fell as investors assessed the latest news on trade negotiations and awaited more clues on monetary policy.
- Traders of Fed Fund futures boosted the amount of easing they expect from the U.S. central bank this year, particularly after Trump abruptly escalated the trade war with China last week. We've indicated for the past several months that the trade war will drive the markets, and this is very true. We just went through a good earnings season.
- Texas A&M sold 430MM in taxable municipals last week while targeting potential buyers in Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore. The overall thought process was that Taxable MUNI's are the perfect investment vehicle for overseas investors. The deal was done in a matter of hours and was 3x oversubscribed.
- CBE’s (Chicago board of education) will sell 432M of