Market News Commentary - From The Desk of David Loesch 10.23.2018Submitted by Tax Free Municipal Bonds/Fixed Income Specialists/DRL Group on October 23rd, 2018
- Atlantic City was upgraded two notches by S&P to B on 10/16/2018. S&P indicated that this reflect their opinion of the city improved operating environment and structural financial improvement following the settlement of outstanding tax appeals and the continuation of extensive oversight.
- Invesco is purchasing Oppenheimer funds, with this purchase, two firms (Investco and Nuveen) have control of about 40% of the assets of the high yield MUNI bonds funds. Oppenheimer is a large HY player in the street and owns a many CUSIPS of PR HY paper.
- Bond market bull Robert Tipp who is the head of global bonds at PGIMFI, expects the 10T to close back below a 3.00% in the “not too distant future”. Looking out a couple of years, he expects the 10T to trade around a 2.50%.
- Sales of US homes eased in Sept to the weakest in almost 3 years due to increased rates.
- Tax Exempt MM funds are piling up the cash. Assets have grown to 134B which is the highest since mid-July.
- PR bonds continue to rally with the end of restructuring near. There was a fiscal plan that was sent out Friday 10/19/2018 that indicated and showed more money to “repay” bondholders while also servicing the insured debt in its entity.
It would be my pleasure to speak to you directly about the current markets and how The DRL Group can be of service to your fixed income investment portfolio. To schedule a time to talk, please email me at email@example.com.
This content is based on the opinions of David Loesch based on his review of articles from Bloomberg.com or CNBC.com.
605-B Park Grove
Katy, TX 77450
866.664.4040 (toll free)
This report has no regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any specific recipient. This report is based on information obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but no independent verification has been made, nor is its accuracy or completeness guaranteed. This report is published solely for informational purposes and is not to be construed as a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments. Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice and the division, group, subsidiary or affiliate of MACC., which is under no obligation to update or keep the information current. The securities described herein may not be eligible for sale in all jurisdictions or to specific categories of investors. MACC accepts no liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of the use of this report. Please contact your tax advisor regarding the suitability of tax-exempt investments in your portfolio. Income from municipals may be subject to state and local taxes as well as the Alternative Minimum Tax. Corporate and Municipal securities are subject to gains/losses based on the level of interest rates, market conditions and credit quality of the issuer. As with any security, there is an inherent market risk possibility as to principal if the security is not held to maturity. The bonds that are non-rated (NR) should be considered for investment by knowledgeable and sophisticated investors. Additional information will be made available upon request.
Securities are offered through Mid Atlantic Capital Corporation (MACC), a registered Broker Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC.
The DRL Group. is not registered entity or a subsidiary or control affiliate of MACC.
Bonds are subject to market and interest rate risk if sold prior to maturity. Prices and availability may change at any time without notice. Insured bonds are subject to the claims paying ability of the insurance company.
Reminder: E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Do not use e-mail to send us confidential information such as credit card numbers, change of address, PIN numbers, passwords, or other important information. Do not e-mail orders to buy or sell securities, transfer funds, or send time sensitive instructions. We will not accept such orders or instructions. This e-mail is not an official trade confirmation for transactions executed for your account. Your e-mail message is not private in that it is subject to review by the Firm, its officers, agents and employees. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature.