- Over the past five years separately managed accounts have gained favor with MUNI investors as compared to a basket of accounts that are managed such as Breckinridge. Separately managed accounts give the investor the control to seize the moment of buys and sells based on the objective of that specific account compared to the fund itself. This will continue to grow in popularit
Municipal Bond News
Municipal-Bond Sell-Off Is Blip That Won't Stop Cash Flood
2019-09-16 17:28:41.642 GMT
By Danielle Moran
(Bloomberg) -- The sell-off in municipal bonds is not big
Some Treasury Strategists Tactically Bearish: Research Roundup
2019-09-09 14:49:43.464 GMT
By Elizabeth Stanton
- As indicated, MUNI bond sales will surge in September and will exceed the amount that investors will receive from maturing debt and interest payments by 1.7B.
- Chicago will have a budget deficit of well over 700MM. The city continues to track to financial stability. A wave of cash continues to hit retail along with refinancing, bonds calls, and private equity being cashed out.
Muni Niche Sees Best Gain Since 2015 on Global Hunt for Yields
2019-08-23 17:29:59.0 GMT
By Danielle Moran
(Bloomberg) -- Investors fleeing negative yields overseas are helping push taxable municipal bonds to the biggest monthly gain in almost five years.
- Fund flows into Muni funds continue to be healthy and could be the largest on record for 2019, and funds will need to buy paper.
- Powell is expected to seek another rate cut at the next meeting; many are betting it will be 50bbps. Retail sales are up; however, overall economic issues still plague the country, starting with the trade issues. Right now, the market is p
Bonds Rally and Stocks Drop as Trade, Fed Mulled: Markets Wrap
2019-08-20 13:59:51.696 GMT
By Rita Nazareth and Laura Curtis
(Bloomberg) -- Treasuries climbed and stocks fell as investors assessed the latest news on trade negotiations and awaited more clues on monetary policy.