WFG Investments, Inc. (“WFG”), as your broker-dealer, relies on access to your personal financial information so that we can make appropriate recommendations to you regarding the financial products and services offered through us.
Why And How We Collect Personal Information.
As stated above, we collect personal information about you so that we can make recommendations about products and services we offer that may be of interest to you. We collect nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
- information you provide to WFG on applications and other forms (such as your name, address, occupation, assets, and income)
- information about your transactions with WFG, our affiliates, or others, and/or;
- information we receive from consumer reporting agencies (such as your credit history and creditworthiness) and other entities not affiliated with WFG.
How We Protect Personal Information.
We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products and services to you. Our employees are required to maintain and protect the confidentiality of your personal information and must follow established procedures to do so. To comply with applicable laws and regulations, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and regulations to protect your personal information.
Sharing Information With Our Affiliates.
We may share your personal information described above with our affiliates for business purposes, such as marketing new products and services, servicing your account, and as permitted by law. Our affiliates are companies controlled or under common control of our holding company. The information we share with affiliates may include the information described above (such as name, address, income and information related to your account with WFG).
Disclosure to Non-Affiliated Third Parties.
In the normal course of business, personal information may be shared with persons or entities involved in servicing and administering products and services on our behalf, including:
- financial service institutions, such as mutual fund companies;
- securities brokers, insurance agencies, clearing brokers, and banks, with whom we have joint marketing agreements (such as agreements to market financial services or products that they jointly offer, endorse or sponsor with us); or
- companies under contract to perform services for us or on our behalf (such as vendors providing data processing, computer software maintenance and development, transaction processing and marketing services).
If your financial professional terminates his or her relationship with us and moves to another brokerage or investment advisory firm (“New Firm”), we or your financial professional may disclose your personal information to the New Firm, unless you instruct us not to. If you do not want us or your financial professional to disclose your personal information to the New Firm, and if you do not want your financial professional to retain copies of your personal information when your financial professional terminates his or her relationship with us, you may request that we and/or your financial professional limit the information that is shared with the New Firm by filling out the Privacy Choices Notice and mailing it to: WFG Investments, Inc., c/o Compliance Department, 2711 N. Haskell Avenue, Suite 2900, Dallas Texas, 75204. If your primary address is in a state that requires your affirmative consent to share your personal information with the New Firm (such as California or Vermont), then you must give your written consent before we will allow your financial advisor to take any of your personal information to that New Firm. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us in writing at the address provided above.
If you want to follow your financial professional to their New Firm when your financial professional terminates his or her relationship with us, please do not send in the Privacy Choices Notice form.